Getting Started – ASAP!
If you want to started ASAP, then you need all the bits and pieces (documents, hardware and software) shown below:
- The book PDF (free from downloads), or get a printed copy from Amazon.
- An RTL-SDR — order one today from NooElec or Amazon.
- A reasonably quick and powerful computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) — check in your home or office 😉
- An installed copy of MATLAB & Simulink 2014b or later with (i) the Signal Processing Toolbox, (ii) DSP System Toolbox, (iii) Communications System Toolbox & (vi) the RTL-SDR Hardware Support Package available as later download.
- A suitable licence for MATLAB & Simulink — if you have the software this can be any one of (i) Standard, (ii) Student, (iii) Education & (vi) Home, or if you need a 30 day trial download to get started, obtain a Product Trial.
- The example files for the books exercises and examples (available in downloads).
If you download the Book PDF and read Chapter 1, there is more information and details provided.